A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc., Parrot Rescue
ABOUT A-PARROT TO A-FLAMINGO, INC.
Not-for-Profit Parrot Rescue Organization
We are a Safe Haven for parrots needing a new home
Mostly Older Parrots are Available for Adoption
"No Kill" Policy - Adoptions to Experienced Adult Parrot Owners Only
Pandemic Rules Apply -- eff. 3/25/2020
For now, A-Parrot Rescue is open for dropoffs and pickups, but with pandemic safeguards in place.
Subject to change at any tme.
PS: If you do not hear back from us promptly, please check your SPAM folder or use ANOTHER email address to contact us from. Put our email address (email@example.com) in your address book as an approved sender to allow us to reply back to you. Some email services have blocks you must remove in order to receive a reply from us..
OUR NONPROFIT STATUS
A-Parrot Rescue is a home-based, No-Kill not-for-profit parrot rehoming agency run by volunteers. We are registered with the Ohio Attorney General's Office on their nonprofits list for Ohio. We do not have a 501C3 at this time.
THIS IS A-PARROT'S OFFICIAL WEBSITE:
http://aparrottoaflamingoinc.zoomshare.com/ (you are here now)
Thank you for checking out our parrot rescue site..
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc., Parrot Rescue takes the place of The Bird Placement Program. BPP closed several years ago. Our rescue team has continued to find for great people to rehome our birds to up to the current time.
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc. is also privileged to have a page listed on Petfinder.com Our current adoptable birds, pictures and bird personalities, are all advertised there. Feel free to keep checking our page there for bird updates...
Our parrot rescue is run out of our private home. Appointments are necessary for drop off or after your Application has been approved.
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue also volunteers as a consultant to the Brecksville Animal Control Department for bird and parrot issues in the city.
WHAT OUR FUNCTION IS:
Our "job" is rehoming birds that are dropped off with us. We assist the public in finding a home for the parrot or small bird they cannot keep any more. Birds must be dropped off at our rescue before we can start the rehoming process. We interview all tentative Adopters to make sure to find the best home for any bird turned over to our agency. We make sure to find the right match/home for every parrot/pet bird we take in.
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue, as a non-profit rescue and parrot rehoming organization, is dedicated to alleviating parrot neglect and suffering, offering advice to bird owners to assist them in creating a healthy environment for their pet bird. ï»¿A-Parrot's goal is to promote safe and humane care of companion parrots. Our aim is to take in and rehome unwanted older healthy parrots that would possibly be euthanized because of their age.
BASIC INFO FOR POTENTIAL ADOPTERS:
(1) One must be 21 years of age to start the adoption process. Most of the questions you may have about A-Parrot Rescue are included on the sidebar choices on the left. Please take the time to review these pages before you email us.
(2) As a rescue organization, A-Parrot to A-Flamingo primarily takes in older parrots. A lot of parrots 20-30 years old are coming in at this time. (The larger the parrot, the longer it's life span is.) If you want to adopt a young or baby bird, a rescue is not the place to look. A-Parrot will take in any age bird, but we specialize in taking and rehoming unwanted, older, but healthy, parrots and small birds.
(3) Adoptions include a rehoming fee. Cages are usually included along with food and toys.
(4) All Adopters will be screened first. Our agency will adopt parrots to multi-pet and multi-bird owners. We reserve the right to approve or not approve an Application.
(5) Prior parrot ownership is a must in order to qualify for adoption of a parrot. We only adopt out to experienced parrot owners. Since this is the Internet, we may need you to supply us with a proof receipt that you have owned a similar species of parrot in the recent past. Several types of receipts apply. Our email interview explains when we need this receipt copy from you.
(6) Adoption consideration depends on your completing our adoption process, reading over our adoption information, filling in our Application, with final approval by our Board of Directors. Our application process takes longer than just texting us. We need to get to know our potential adopters first. You must be open to our asking you questions also.
((7) This website is very detailed. Please READ it over carefully. Most questions you have about A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue are covered on this site. We honestly put our policies in WRITING on this website to eliminate misunderstandings later.
SOME INFO ABOUT DONATING YOUR BIRD:
(1) A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue is not soliciting for parrots for our personal ownership.
(2) We do not foster or pet sit birds for the public. It must be your final decision to have A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue rehome your bird for you.
(3) We cannot start the "rehoming process" until birds are brought to us and signed over to us.
(4) We take birds in on a donation basis only. We cannot purchase your parrot. We make sure all birds we receive are adopted out to the right person who understands the species and can care for them properly.
(5) Cages coming in with the birds are optional. We do have small cages but may not have many extra large cages.
(6) At times there may be a waiting list for our taking in birds as our holding space is limited, especially for large parrots.
(7) We reserve the right to accept or turn down taking in any bird offered to us.
(8) A-Parrot Rescue would be happy to assist you in finding a good, safe home for a bird you are not able to keep any longer. A parrot's age does not make a difference.
(9) A drop off donation is requested merely so we can buy more food for your parrot until it is rehomed.
(10) Due to our limited funding, we can only accept parrots in perfect feather and in good health. Birds must be brought to us in Brecksville, OH.
Note: Birds stay here until we find the best pet home for them. Our rescue birds are not available to breeders. A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue will always consider a rescue bird's welfare first
Please go to our page "DONATE BIRD" for more info.
A-PARROT RESCUE WILL FIND NEW HOMES FOR THESE SPECIES:
Most large, medium and small species of parrots. Cockatoos, small macaws, amazons, african greys, conures, quakers, Small cage birds. Cockatiels, budgies, canaries, specialty species, finches.
Please note that our space is limited for large parrots so there may be a waiting list for acceptance of these species.
A-PARROT RESCUE DOES DOES NOT TAKE IN:
NO wild or outside birds, baby birds fallen out of nests, farm birds, game birds, swans, peacocks, toucans, mynahs, lories, doves, pigeons. But we may be able to assist you with a referral.
NOTE: We do not climb trees to catch birds for you! That part of "rescue" is not our job. All birds must be brought to us in order to start the rehoming process.
FLAMINGOS? We will gladly accept "unwanted" pink plastic garden flamingos -- to add to the flock "decor" in our yard.
BIRD / PARROT ADOPTION BASICS FOR TENTATIVE ADOPTERS:
(1) You will be "applying" to adopt a bird from us. You must be willing to go thru our adoption process and answer our questions.
(2) A-Parrot Rescue does not ship birds, nor do we meet you part way for drop-off. We need to meet the actual Adopter before adoptions are finalized also.
(3) We do not adopt out parrots as "gifts" for adults or children. A-Parrot will need to interview the potential Adopter in person. We reserve the right to approve or deny final approval of adoption. There needs to be a match between the parrot and the Adopter.
(4) A-Parrot Rescue does not rehab parrots for you, We want to avoid stressing birds out so we need to leave the "training" of untame parrots to the Adopter. That is why we are looking for experienced parrot owners also.
(5) We pass along the personality information for each parrot to the Adopter.
(6) Also, a rescue parrot may bite at some time. We specialize in taking in older parrots possibly set in their ways. These birds are not usually good with children. Of course there are exceptions. Children should be monitored around parrots. We all must respect those beaks!
See our "ADOPT BIRD" page or more info...
TO VIEW OUR AVAILABLE BIRD LIST:
Visit our birds on our page at Petfinder.com:
IMPORTANT: CLICK ON THE BIRD'S PICTURE FOR INFO ABOUT EACH BIRD.
*We update this list as soon as we can. Adoptions can occur at any time also. A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue reserves the right to keep on interviewing potential Adopters until birds leave our premises.
Also, A-Parrot cannot hold a bird for you if you are not ready to make your viewing appointment promptly after Application approval. Your delay in emailing us, or returning the Application, may cause you to lose out on the parrot you are most interested in.
FREE PARROTS - CHEAP PARROTS ?
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo technically rehomes parrots "for bird seed" so we can continue feeding, and paying for vet care as necessary for birds we are holding. This is not a give-away site.
Responsible pet ownership is not a cheap venture! We understand that money is tight for all of us right now .... and this is especially true for anyone who runs an animal rescue organization. Rehoming fees apply to adopt a bird.
Parrots and other pets should not be obtained if one cannot afford their upkeep. Owning a large parrot, especially a macaw, is very expensive. The expense of owning one macaw is at least fifty times that of owning a budgie. Animal rescue organizations are responsible for many creatures, so multiply that expense many times. Feeding live animals costs money = rehoming donations are important.
Thank you for your kind understanding.
REFERRALS AND OUR CLIENTS:
A-Parrot Rescue is privileged to receive lots of referrals from previous clients, avian vets, other bird owners who can attest to our sincerity in finding just the right home for any bird released to our care. Our clients have chosen and trusted A-Parrot to find a home for birds they can no longer care for.
None. We get NO IRS benefits for running our agency. All of our personnel work on a volunteer basis. No one receives a salary at A-Parrot Rescue. 95% of funds coming in goes direct for the care of birds waiting for homes and for future birds coming in. 5% covers our office and gasoline expenses.
To explain further, A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue is on a "subfixed income", meaning we get NO subsidies or grants to run our agency. But we still operate as a non-profit parrot rescue organization. Any money we get in goes for our buying seed, pellets, treats to feed the birds left in our care, and to allow for emergency vet visits. Every rescue organization will have some expenses, but being able to keep feeding our birds takes priority here.
For everyone's information, A-Parrot Rescue does NO outside funding solicitations, nor do we hold raffles or giveaways to get outside donations.
Keeping the above info in mind, A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue must depend on private support for drop-off of birds and for adopting a bird from our agency.
A-Parrot Rescue always needs seed and bird pellets (any brand), and stacks of plain newspaper (no ads, please) .
Thank you in advance! End of commercial......
OUR CLIENT'S PRIVACY
A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc. Parrot Rescue
PO Box 41414
Brecksville, Ohio 44141-0414
Phone Number: Available upon request, email us first.
Email Fran at: firstname.lastname@example.org (copy link)
How to Find Us: In northern Ohio, between Cleveland and Akron. We are in Cuyahoga County. Close to the Turnpike (Richfield/Brecksville Exit) and close to I-77, zip code 44141.
Why must we list a PO Box? A-Parrot to A-Flamingo Rescue cannot have birds or any other animal dropped off anonymously without our first knowing about it. (believe it or not, this has happened to us before). We will gladly supply our address info to verified clients.
THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT OUR PARROT RESCUE ORGANIZATION!
Disclaimer: A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc., Parrot Rescue is a stand-alone, No Kill, non-profit parrot rehoming agency based in Brecksville, Ohio. We are not affiliated with any other parrot rescue organization, company, pet organization, city department, bird club, organization, etc. If you have any questions about A-Parrot's policies or adoption process, please contact Fran Filak, Director, A-Parrot to A-Flamingo at: email@example.com Our policies are subject to change without notice at any time.
Copyright 2021. All rights reserved. A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc, Parrot Rescue
The content and wording contained in this Website is for A-Parrot to A-Flamingo, Inc.'s use only.
< - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NEXT: To continue, SCROLL UP to the sidebar in the upper left hand corner of this page. CLI CK on the upper tabs to continue.
-- HOME PAGE -- (you are here now)